Saturday, August 15, 2009

Byron's Smokehouse

2 of 5 tails


Sorry for the slack dear reader. I've been putting in the eating, but falling behind on the writing. Never fear. Today we drop our first barbecue review.


Big props to Byron's for the stack of hardwood they have under their porch. You see it as you drive out, and you can taste it in the food. REALLY taste it like some of that wood is put on your plate with the entree.

I ordered the chipped pork which came with two sides and whitebread (I know it's two words, but it looks better as one). The sauce was ridiculously tangy, so tangy that it kicked me in the stomach and took my wallet. I'd go with the hot version. The sauce and pork combo had a nice spice finish, but I wasn't floored by it.

I give it two tails.

While eating, I noticed that it's across Opelika Road from Summer Brooke apartments. I wonder if this Brooke girl they named the place after was just cooler in the summer than the other seasons of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment